– As per the new Motor Vehicle Bill, linking your Aadhaar car to your driving licence will become mandatory. Aadhaar card will be mandatory for obtaining the driving licence and vehicle registration certificate.
– Parents, Guardians or the vehicle owners will be responsible for traffic violations by juveniles unless it is proved in the court that the offence was committed without their knowledge. As per the offence, the authorities can cancel the registration of the vehicle and the underaged kid will be tried under the Juvenile Justice Act.
– Protection for helpful citizens of India. If you now help accident victims, you will be protected from civil or criminal liablity. Disclosing identities to police or hospital staff will now be optional.
– Rash driving penalty and driving with a valid driving licence will go up from Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000
– The overspeeding fine will go up five times to Rs 2,000 same as not wearing a seatbelt fine.
-A separate Motor Vehicle Accident Fund will additionally provide insurance cover to all road users in India for a specified type of road accidents.
– Road builders, civic agencies, consultants and road contractors will be responsible for faulty design, construction or poor maintenance of roads leading to accidents.
– In hit-and-run cases, the government will now provide a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to the victim’s family as against Rs 25,000 given currently.
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill is likely to be passed in Rajya Sabha in the ongoing parliament session. The bill has been cleared by Lok Sabha already in the last session.